I was the child that was taught, there’s no such thing as a dumb question. I tend to disagree with that as an adult. But what’s even more baffling to me other than some of the questions people call the newsroom with, is the fact they call the NEWSROOM! I know we are the source of information; however, when I was growing up, we never even thought about calling a tv station. At best, we’d pick up an encylopedia. Here are some of the top 10 questions folks have called the newsroom for ( a list gathered with the help of my peers).
(These are in no specific order).
1. How long does it take to get from Roanoke to Little Rock, Arkansas?
2. Where does the moon go?
3. Do you have the number to Taco Bell? (This was an adult & not a prank)
4. Is Richard Simmons still alive?
5. Where is Monk? (The tv show)
6 . What time is it?
7. Can you tell Katie Couric….?
8. Do you have the phone number to Channel 10?
9. When does the Solar Year begin?
10. Can you tell me the top 5 women who placed in the Miss America pagent?